Tonight was a very fun and educational night at Atlanta Startup Village (#ATLSV) number 20. Well done, Jon Birdsong! Five great Atlanta tech startups presented their solutions to unique industry problems:
- NinjaPost – hosted community forum software
- Hux – book a home cleaning service in 2 minutes
- Playout: gamifying exercise so we enjoy it again
- Buzzboard – digital media sales productivity
- UserIQ – create beautiful, personal, data-driven in-app messages and guided tours.
We also tried something new. We always serve some fresh local brew, but tonight we put out a tip jar, and hand-wrote a sign on the wall: “Tips will support the Atlanta Boy Choir.” We raised over $130, and we didn’t even have a proper sign! Thanks to everyone who contributed. The Atlanta Boy Choir, now in it’s 57th season, is a very worthy charity.
At the end of the evening, @Jonnybird gave me the awesome opportunity to end the night with a 30 second pitch. Of course, I pitched Atlanta Tech Blogs! I mentioned in a recent post that 85% of our audience is from outside GA, so I challenged the audience to show the rest of the world what the Atlanta tech startup community can do. If the tweet below gets 1000 retweets in the next 48 hours, I will shave my head.
— ATLANTA TECH BLOGS (@atltechblogs) July 28, 2014