As we closed out the 4th cohort of General Assembly’s Digital Marketing class, we did so with 10 excellent digital strategy presentations and some sweet schwag. We gave students their choice of Zero to One, The 4-Hour Work Week, or The Lean Startup as they completed the final requirements for the class. Here’s a rundown of the presentations from last night.
- C.O.R.E. – Children of Restaurant Employees is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting children of restaurant employees of have endured “life alterinig events” such as the death of a parent, cancer, etc. Colleen opened her presentation by sharing the story of a young boy who died of cancer, but not before he was flown to Disney to spend a day with his heroes. At his funeral, the pallbearers all dressed as superheroes.
- The Diabetes Association of Atlanta – different from the American Diabetes Association, this nonprofit exists to directly educate those who suffer from diabetes as well as their families and caretakers.
- Black Girl Magic – a non-profit organization that caters to young black women in the midst of a life change who need a community of friends to lean into during those times of change.
- Community Guilds – This nonprofit offers apprenticeships in STE(A)M careers. The “A” stands for “Art”. They have what looks like a food truck but is really the “STE(A)M Truck” that doubles as a hands on classroom.
- Chix Engines – This engine and machine shop has been in Smyrna for more than 40 years. When your car’s engine blows, don’t buy a new car, just get a new engine. Chix is named after it’s founder, who was not a chick, but had chickens at his home in Smyrna many, many years ago.
- Strivers Row – high quality, high fashion denim clothing for the discerning man who takes care of himself and desires a high quality product to complement his high quality lifestyle.
- Artifact Collective – This community is rebranding as a digital agency for independent freelance artists.
- Othello Events – A full service events facility in southwest Atlanta for weddings, receptions, birthdays, and other community events.
- Riverview Landing – a new development from Jamestown Properties (the same folks who brought you Ponce City Market) on the river inside 285 in Smyrna, GA.
- SSG Solutions Group – SSG is a digital marketing service specializing in Periscope and social engagement.
Congratulations to these new digital marketers! I look forward to the next cohort, DGM5, starting November 9th!