- Realtime Today – realtime social recruiting data for recruiters to close the qualification gap between job applicants and employers.
- VirtualBlue – replaces rolled up blueprints on the construction job site with rolling, flexible screen, synchronized to the actual electronic versions of the architectural drawings.
- Data Science Atlanta – a community of 1300 data scientists in Atlanta gathered to provide data science services to startups (at prices startups can afford!)
- Sustainable Lifestyle Brands – consumer and industrial zero-waste and hazardous materials elimination solutions
- Block – iOS / Android app aimed at bored college students, because there’s always something going on around the block, and now you’ll know about it instantly.
Here’s what we learned:
- Don’t say “platform”! You’re not building a platform. AWS is a platform. You build stuff on AWS.
- Stay away from distractions in your pitch, like market specific acronyms that are gibberish to the general public.
- Pick the low hanging fruit to use in your pitch (thanks to Alan Taetle, who wasn’t even here)
See you next week for another great session of Pitch Practice: pitch, learn, network.