Thank you to everyone who has donated. In less than 30 days, we are more than 40% funded. The plan has always been to fund this $6,000 home in less than 90 days, and we’re well on our way. Donate any amount here. Seriously, when a permanent, sustainable home costs just $6,000, any amount is a significant percentage. Any amount moves the needle. Any amount helps.
In fact, here are 10 ways that you can donate a $10 really easily in the next 10 days.
- Give up your Pumpkin Spice Latte for 1 week. Depending on your level of PSL addiction, that might be $6 or it might be more than $50. BTW, if it’s north of $50, you may have a problem.
- Bring your lunch to work just one day. That’s at least $10.
- Sell 5 of your old DVDs. You don’t even own a DVD player anymore anyway, right?
- Cut cable TV. Easy $100, and that’s just one month!
- You’ve got Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and Hulu. Put one on hold for a month. Seriously, binge watch “Breaking Bad” again, and you won’t need any other programming for at least a month, maybe two.
- Don’t eat out for 1 week. Wait, what?? I know, that’ll destroy the social lives of most Millennials, but you can do it! Gotta be $50 there. No, probably more like $100. What do you think?
- No wine for 1 week. <<ducks and takes cover>> Yes, that’s a dangerous suggestion in many households today, but #FWP! C’mon, you can do anything for 1 week, right?
- Just 3 more to go…oh, right, yes, here’s an easy one: save all your change for a week. Every penny, nickel, dime, and quarter you touch for one week goes in a jar. I’m gonna bet you’ll have more than $10 in a week. If not, keep going for a month. We’re building someone a forever home here. You can do it.
- Cancel that thing you keep referring to as a “land line”. That’s at least $20 or $30 a month, right? Whatever that thing is, cancel it. Your iPhone is always on, and always on you. Move to the 21st century and donate your first month of savings to this family’s home, ok?
- Finally, and this is the last, best, and easiest one: just donate $10! It’s tax deductible. All of it goes literally into the home. Heck the video you’ll get when the Escobar Campos family moves into their home is worth 10 times that! Donate ten dollars. You’ll be glad you did.
Our smallest donation so far has been $5, and our largest has been $1,000. I bet you fit somewhere in between, don’t you? Go ahead. Thank you!