Atlanta Tech Blogs has just reached a fun vanity metric: 20,000 organic twitter followers. Yay. Lots of digital marketing lessons have been learned over the past 3 years about how to gain a solid social media following without spending any money (hint: content, content, and more content). But however we got here, we’re here, and that gives us the opportunity to promote a simple message to the Atlanta tech startup ecosystem – entrepreneurs, startups, community players:
It’s. All. For. You.
It started for me. Then it grew. Now it’s for you. Being a little poetic is fun, and so are startups, but startups are also hard. One of the hardest things for any startup is simply getting noticed by the right people. The easiest, cheapest, and most effective thing any entrepreneur or startup can do to start the process of getting noticed by the right people is to blog. There are too many “why you should blog!‘ articles out there by many people much smarter and more influential than me, so I’m not going to rehash that. You should blog for your brand. Simple as that. Make it a priority.
And when you blog, you should then add your blog to our database of Atlanta’s tech startup ecosystem blogs. Here’s why.
- Every blog post you publish goes straight to our 20,000+ Twitter followers, and our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
- Every blog post you publish then gets added to our queue to be tweeted again. We will tweet your every blog post 4-7 times over the next 7 days, automagically.
- Every blog post you publish goes into our Daily Digest Email, sent via Mailchimp every morning (except Sunday) at 7am.
- It’s free. And easy.
How Do I Add My Blog?
- Go to atlantatechblogs.com
- Click on “New Blog” in the top right of the page
- Add your organization’s name, your email, your blog’s RSS feed, and your Twitter handle. Choose the proper category: startups, community, entrepreneur, or jobs. If you don’t know your RSS feed URL, just check your blog URL here, and it’ll spit back out your RSS feed URL.
- Click SAVE.
That’s all you have to do. Then go blog! We don’t go back in time to pick up all your old blog posts, but for every new one, we got you covered.
What About Non Bloggy Stuff?
We’ll promote your “other” stuff, too! Events, jobs, infographics, videos, press releases, 3rd party press…you name it. If you need it promoted, that’s what we’ll do. Here’s how.
- Go to atlantatechblogs.com
- Click on “New Post” in the top right of the page
- Add the title of your post, the URL of the post (check this first!), the author of the post, and the category you want to promote it to.
- Click Create Post.
Your post goes immediately into the queue for promotion on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and email.
Who Do We Promote YOU?
Traction. Startups are hard. I know. I’ve been there more than a few times. Getting attention to your startup is really hard. Any help with traction helps. We’re not promising any sort of silver bullet, but we are promising free help. All you gotta do is blog. And add your blog to atlantatechblogs.com. Fair enough?