What I believe
You have a story, and your audience wants to hear it. I’ll help you tell that story. Through digital and content marketing, Pitch Practice, and Atlanta Tech Blogs, everything I do is to help entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses tell their story to the right audience through the right channels.
- Day Job: CMO Partner at TechCXO
- Pay it Forward: Run Pitch Practice – a weekly open meetup Fridays at 1pm at Atlanta Tech Village
- Coaching College Startup Entrepreneurs: EIR at Auburn University
- Teaching 1 day / Week: Instructor at GSU Entrepreneurship & Innovation Institute
- Fun Content Side Hustle: Operate ATL Tech Blogs – promote your startup to 21,000+ followers just by blogging
- Community Service: Volunteer Soldier in the GSDF
I grew up just outside Atlanta, and played competitive soccer from age 7 to age 32, but, after 3 surgeries, my knees gave up, so now I try to play golf and run the Peachtree Road Race every year. 15 down, 10 to go!
After B-School, I got my first taste of startup land at my first job at a medical software startup called A.D.A.M. Software. Because I knew how to make a spreadsheet sing, I got promoted to be the CEO‘s lackey to take ADAM, Inc. public. In my next startup gig, I managed the due diligence in the acquisition of TSI by FirstData/Western Union. It was at FirstData that I realized I am a startup / small business kind of guy. In 1999, I co-founded CWNP, a WiFi training & certification content company. I operated CWNP for 13 years until a private equity firm acquired the company in late 2012. During those 13 years, I started 3 other businesses. Each of these businesses took off fast, but all of them died painfully in the meltdown of 2008-2009. You learn a lot when you fail spectacularly.
Some Personal Stuff
I married the girl who put a thumbtack in my seat in the 6th grade. We are members of Church of the Apostles. We adopted our two kids from Kazakhstan, and I’m a sucker for helpless animals. My wife and I have rescued about a dozen cats and one Lab-Newfie mix dog named Fezzik, who passed away at the ripe old age of 14.