I split my time these days mostly between The Village and General Assembly at Ponce City Market. Last week, Florence Hudson, the Community Coordinator for both Industrious Office locations in Atlanta, reached out to me. Today, I had the pleasure of getting an excellent tour of the facility and hearing about the Industrious vision for their membership.
As you might expect from a co-working space at Ponce City Market, the space is awesome. The picture above is a good example of how the space looks, although it doesn’t do it justice. And yes, Pinterest does have an office there. A few other details about the Industrious Office space at PCM:
- It’s actually not a co-working facility. They focus on small, private office space, and only have 6 co-working seats sold in any given month.
- This space is 33,000 square feet on the 8th floor of PCM.
- The PCM space is the 2nd Industrious Office location in Atlanta. The first one is at 17th and Peachtree and is 11k square feet.
- Rent is month to month by the seat, so you pay for a 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, or 15 person office, but the 15 person office is taken, sorry.
- There are 230 members, made up of tech startups, lawyers, designers, and lots of other professions. Unlike many so-called “co-working” spaces, the target audience is not strictly tech.
- Free beer and popcorn every Wednesday afternoon.
- Amazing views of Atlanta, Midtdown, and of course, the Old Fourth Ward.
- The space is now full, after opening in September. Not bad for less than 4 months!
If you make it to Ponce City Market at all, you owe it to yourself to take a tour of Industrious Office facility there. You’ll be glad you did.