When I’m not creating content (aka writing), I’m getting content from those who know it best: entrepreneurs. That’s the heart of the routine as your content creator & strategist. I ask you an open ended question, you tell me your entire story, which then becomes blog fodder for your content marketing calendar.
If only it were that simple. That’s what it looks like from 100,000 feet, but down here on good ole terra firma, it’s a little different.
- Introduction (email, phone, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- “Who are you again? Oh, ok.”
- Set the playing field: content is king and you must blog.
- Arrange the first session.
- Reschedule first session due to conflicts.
- First session. Light bulbs go on.
- Create one-page strategy doc.
- Content buckets
- Voice, Message, and Mix (60-20-20 rule)
- Schedule / Frequency