A former business partner turned serial entrepreneur is making some changes to his business, which is well over 5 years in the making. He and his wife saw the LEED certification trend before it started, and they created an online training service just as LEED became popular.
During that time, he and his wife – as most serial entrepreneurs do – have had other ideas, and they made the National Registry for Adoption into a reality to help other people move through the adoption process, something that I can and always fully support! Now that they’ve built the NFRA web site, they see lots of other potential ideas for a generic matchmaking service.
|National Registry for Adoption web site|
Now they’d like help in coming up with other business ideas that could run on this engine.
Yes, this is a classic idea searching for a problem to solve, but how often do you come across software that’s already built (and built well I assure you)? Below are the generic specs behind this match-making engine. Have an idea or problem that such a system could solve? If so, please send me an email and I will gladly facilitate an introduction to my friend, who is a freaking awesome coder and designer.
Specs from the nrfa.org web app:
- Sign up
- Create your own profile
- Upload pictures
- Browse profiles
- Find a match
- Contact potential matches through the website
- User receives an anonymous email (like you get from craigslist)
- User replies via the website or email
- w00t! you’re communicating!
- Uses stripe for ecommerce:
- Recurring 1/3/6/12 month billing
- Coupon codes
- free trials
- Built on Amazon AWS for easy scaling
- Cloudinary to store images
- MailGun for messaging
- Written in Rails with MySQL as the database
- Responsive design for all devices (browser, tablets, phones)