After some frustration from meetup.com about removing Pitch Practice from their service – half a dozen people gave me their condolences and lamented that I was “shutting down Pitch Practice – we had the biggest turnout ever. Big na-na-na-boo-boo to meetup.com, and thanks to Twitter, Blogger, and the ATV Facebook group for easily replacing the meetup service.
That was lesson #1 from this week’s pitch practice: if something isn’t working, don’t be afraid to change it. Meetup.com was getting a few dozen RSVPs each week, maybe 3 or 4 of which were actually attending Pitch Practice on Fridays.
Here’s who pitched.
- Relate.ly – Matt Kress pitched this new service that creates a visual mapping of your client relationships as tracked on social media and email.
- Parkent Cycles – Secure locking storage terminals for your bicycles.
- Diane Deseta – Summer coding and design camp for at-risk middle school students in June at Sandy Springs Middle School
- JustPaintMyHouse.com – Erez Weinstein is fixing the hideous battle of scheduling and getting estimates from quality paint contractors by offering guaranteed fixed pricing and appointments to paint the inside of your house.
- FrankEinstein – Chris Turner, student at The Iron Yard, is learning to code so he can build a service that enables big brands to challenge students to create their brand designs or products, to alleviate the chronic methodology of years of consumptive education in our schools.
- Frogtoon Media – Yassin couldn’t find any Moroccan music on Spotify or Pandora, so he made a partnership with YouTube and created Frogtoon media to offer international flavored music to everyone around the globe. They have over 1M users!
- Better Charities – Matthew Marshall is bringing transparency to every dollar you donate to your charity of choice.