Small but HOT Pitch Practice today. We pitched. We learned. We networked.
Caregiver Communications, Inc. – Mark Shekerow pitched this new care giver marketplace. Think Angie’s List with reviews and ratings for care givers and other services surrounding caregivers.
Calypso Wings – Folks, this is how you bring a pitch! Chris McGreggor brought three samples of his Carribean seasoned chicken wings:
- Island Fire – the hottest wings I have ever eaten, and I once won a wing-eating contest, so you can trust me on this.
- Rum Maple Bacon – you had me at bacon.
- Buffalo Soldier – classic buffalo flavor with the twist of island fruit
What we learned:
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
- The longer the pitch, the deeper it must go. In a 6 minute pitch, we had better know just about everything there is to know about your business, not just what the product is.
- No text on slides. If you have to put text, make it 50 pt type or larger, and keep. it. short.
- It works best, as a process, to start with your 30 second pitch, then move up to your 3 minute pitch, then perfect your 5-6 minute pitch, all because of what Einstein