Fantastic crowd of entrepreneurs at Pitch Practice today! Thank you to everyone who attended, pitched, and participated. We heard some fantastic pitches, and we learned a lot.
- TenRocket – ceremonial first pitch! – TenRocket will build your custom web or mobile app in 10 days for $10k with a 110% guarantee. #MakeItReal
- GameSkinny – new non-STEM college grads have very few marketable skills while the gaming industry is a $100 billion industry that needs constant reviews, guides, and other content to support the thousands of games available. GameSkinny prepares game journalists to fill this need with a 9-week journalism program.
- Hotspot – social media app: most people don’t go out knowing where they are going. Bars/restaurants want more foot traffic. Hotspot is an in-the-moment app to connect users with venues.
- Parkent Cycles – every 30 seconds a bike is stolen, easier than stealing a cell phone. Parkent is launching a metal bike rack operated by an iPhone app.
- Just – tech based skill sets are in high demand but employers can’t retain talent because the most skilled workers don’t like the big company culture. Just will audit your company culture for tips on how to improve it to attract and retain millennials.
- 21st Century STEM Foundation – Teaching STEM to 8-14-year-olds in downtown Atlanta: robotics, code, Legos, aquatic robotics. They’ve run a successful training program in the past, and are seeking donations of cash and equipment to run the next class.
- Panivu – Tinder for everyday decisions. Need help making a yes/no or up/down decision? Take a picture of the shoes, shirt, car, or whatever else you’re trying to decide on, and send it to your friends, who swipe left for yes, right for no.