A great session of Pitch Practice today. Thanks very much to Patrick Fitzgerald of DreamIT Ventures for dropping some wisdom and experience on us, and giving hard core feedback on our pitches. Patrick is a serial entrepreneur, former lawyer, and instructor at Wharton Biz school teaching entrepreneurship. DreamIT is an accelerator in Philly. They’ve had 165 teams graduate from their program, 45 of whom have completed a series A round of financing. Dream IT has no specific vertical market focus, rather they just seek out awesome opportunities. They give $25k for 6% equity + possible 25% investment funding after 12 weeks.
Here’s the criteria for getting into and graduating from DreamIT Ventures:
- build a cool unique service
- get customer validation through numbers, traction, or proof of concept
- get revenue
Thanks again to Patrick for joining us at Pitch Practice today. Here’s who pitched.
- Betsy Sexton – lead with ease: helps CEOs become more effective and remove stress from their business life.
- Thad Oviatt – Parkent Cycles: secure city bicycle parking. “Fort Knox” for parking your bike.
- Eric Usher – Prophytes: iOS/Android app for connecting Fraternity and Sorority graduates.
- Dan Smigrod – We Get Around Atlanta: 360* photos for marketing real estate, hospitality, and entertainment venues
Pitch Practice is back next Friday June 27 at 1pm after Startup Chowdown. Join us! #practiceyourpitch