We’re giving away tickets to the TechCrunch Meetup + Pitch-Off February 24, and we had 20+ people attend this session of Pitch Practice. We went about things just a little differently today by voting on each pitch to give away the TechCrunch tickets to the best 2 pitches.
- Brandon Dahl – CheckTech – independent technicians need compete against big brand home service providers to get repair jobs, so techcheck is uber for plumbers, with tech verification, reviews.
- Monte – CheckTech – lowering teh high cost of skilled labor for consumers by fostering competition between indies and large svs providers, need devs and sw arch
- Lawrence O’Connor – Full Chair Digital – customer web sites in < week & digital marketingfor independent salons.
- Kevin – Bizlation.com – networking events suck for actually meeting people you want to meet, so bizlation.com is like match.com for business networking.
- Kevin Coleman – SparkStart – people with great ideas don’t have the software development skills to build out their ideas. SparkStart will custom build your MVP web app for $10k in 2 weeks or less.
- Bill Howe – VehWare – (prepping for an 8-minute pitch for the NY Innovation Showcase) – the 10M large trucks & buses in the US are involved in 371,000 accidents each year, costing the industry over $90B annually. VehWare is building a “blackbox” for trucks that answers not only what happened but why it happened.
- Thad Oviatt – Parkent Cycles – 100M bicycles are stolen every year in the US at an average cost of $350 each. Parkent is building a secure bicycle parking system to “hug your bike” and keep it safe.
- Thad Oviatt – Parkent Cycles
- Lawrence O’Connor – Full Chair Digital