A regular attendee to Pitch Practice reminded me today that I really should highlight certain TED Talks that can have a dramatic effect on anyone’s pitch. My two favorite TED Talks on this topic are from Nancy Duarte & Simon Sinek. I highly recommend that anyone who is preparing their pitch watch these two talks over and over. Yesterday, we had these startups practice their pitches.
- Synapse Software – Finalist for TAG Business Launch Competition – user-friendly airline maintenance software to prevent delays, cancellations, and airline accidents due to missed airline maintenance items.
- Bizlation.com – Finding true compatibility in business relationships as a “match.com” that runs on top of LinkedIn. Investors: how many of your investments have fallen apart because the founders were incompatible?
- Commuter Pie – Atlanta traffic sucks. There are 2.2M commuters daily in Atlanta, and 82% drive alone compared to national avg of 76% drive alone. Commuter Pie will provide a simple app to find and join a commuter group where drivers make a little money, and everyday seems like a banking holiday.
- Mobile Empower makes apps custom to your individual businesses with 50-150 employees.
- Parkent Cycles – Pitching at Techcrunch NY – secure electronic bike rack controlled by your phone.